The following groups donated time, money or resources to improve Horton Middle School this weekend:
* Horton High School Alumni Association for donating 6 picnic tables for the outdoor classrooms.
* HMS National Junior Honor Society donated a dogwood tree in loving memory and honor of Ms. Ann Jestes a former 8th grade math teacher who worked at Horton until she lost her battle with cancer in 2011. NJHS also donated roses and other plants and materials.
* Lowes Home Improvement in Pittsboro for a generous discount and fabulous service.
* Chatham Community Church members for their time, commitment, volunteer hours, and financial support.
* WOW students: Jacqueline Anthenien, Nate Barrow, Nathan Carson, Maddie Loops, Chase Miller and Elena Shipp, and teachers: Ed Walgate & Robin Wagoner & their families who all worked donated time, labor, tools and flowers.
Wildcats Outside Working is a new enterprise at Horton Middle School and We Need your Help!
Chatham Community Church organizes twice a year to work in the community – they call it “Chatham Serves, the church has left the building”. Last fall, they chose Horton Middle School’s exterior as a service project and the results were stunning and inspiring. There were a few Wildcats here last fall (The Barrow’s & Miller’s)- we thank them and now we want to work along side them making the spring work session grander, more stunning and inspiring.
If we all pitch in a little – we can make a BIG IMPACT!
Here are the details and we hope you can help in some way:
When: April 6th 2014 (SUNDAY SERVICE) J
Where: HMS 9:30 – 12:30 ?Or exhaustion J
What do we need? You can donate items, tools, funds, or actual labor & time. SEE BELOW…
WE THANK MCINTYRE BOOKS FOR SPONSORING THIS EVENT FOR US.....
Horton Middle School is always in need of parent and community volunteers to assist in various tasks such as Field Trips, Teacher/Media Assistants and Test Proctoring. We always appreciate your willingness to help and value your time and efforts. Before you choose to volunteer, please remember to complete the VOLUNTEER APPROVAL PROCESS implemented by the Board of Education.
The first two weeks of June are designated as testing time and a great deal of proctors are needed. Please consider completing the Volunteer Approval Process at this time by clicking the following link: volunteers-needed.district.chatham.k12.nc.us/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml
Thank you in advance for your willingness to play such an important part in our school community
In order to volunteer, one needs to complete an onlne registration form. Please click herefor that special form. Once you register and receive a notification of approval, you will be eligible to volunteer in any capacity for the entire year. Only one registration form is required even though you might choose to volunteer in various ways. Thank you again for your willingness to serve our students...