- Horton High School Alumni Association for donating 6 picnic tables for the outdoor classrooms.
- HMS National Junior Honor Society donated a dogwood tree in loving memory and honor of Ms. Ann Jestes a former 8th grade math teacher who worked at Horton until she lost her battle with cancer in 2011. NJHS also donated roses and other plants and materials.
- Tim Hayes & April Barrow for organizing/planning the event.
- Ms. Miller and HMS PTSA funding for donating 2 additional tables for outdoor classroom space.
- Lowes Home Improvement in Pittsboro for a generous discount and fabulous service.
- Chatham Community Church members for their time, commitment, volunteer hours, and financial support.
- WOW students: Jacqueline Anthenien, Nate Barrow, Nathan Carson, Maddie Loops, Chase Miller and Elena Shipp, and teachers: Ed Walgate & Robin Wagoner & their families who all worked donated time, labor, tools and flowers.
Horton Middle School is always in need of parent and community volunteers to assist in various tasks such as Field Trips, Teacher/Media Assistants and Test Proctoring. We always appreciate your willingness to help and value your time and efforts. Before you choose to volunteer, please remember to complete the VOLUNTEER APPROVAL PROCESS implemented by the Board of Education.
The first two weeks of June are designated as testing time and a great deal of proctors are needed. Please consider completing the Volunteer Approval Process at this time by clicking the following link: volunteers-needed.district.chatham.k12.nc.us/modules/groups/integrated_home.phtml
Thank you in advance for your willingness to play such an important part in our school community
In order to volunteer, one needs to complete an onlne registration form. Please click herefor that special form. Once you register and receive a notification of approval, you will be eligible to volunteer in any capacity for the entire year. Only one registration form is required even though you might choose to volunteer in various ways. Thank you again for your willingness to serve our students...